6. Button-down shirts and sport jackets need a moderate contrast. Use ties as an accent piece.
7. Neckties or bow-ties add visual interest and a splash of color. Bring a few options along.
8. Avoid too much black. Dark colors such as brown, navy, gray, burgundy, or forest green will add warmth.
9. Make certain your clothes fit well, are comfortable, and wrinkle-free. This will make you feel more confident.
10. Dark tones are flattering against dark backgrounds and create a subtle silhouette.
11. Light tones against a dark background (and vice versa) will emphasize physique.
12. Schedule haircut or coloring appointments about 2-3 days before the portrait session.
13. Avoid 5 o’ clock shadow by shaving as close to your session time as possible—and don’t cut yourself!